Staffing for other care providers in Scotland
Helping other staffing providers with packages of care
We regularly assist other staffing providers to support them in securing or maintaining packages of care.
We can support:
- Services with a need for specialist nursing support, eg overnight care for individuals with tracheostomy; mechanical ventilation; challenging behaviour etc.
- Residential schools supporting individuals with escalated behaviour, who require additional staff to ensure safety for the individual and those around them.
- Domiciliary care providers who are experiencing a short-term gap in recruitment or high sickness levels.
How we can help
- Immediate, initial staffing requirements until you build a suitable care team – or until you no longer require our services
- Backfilling during staff shortages
- Support whilst you train your staff
- Avoiding hospital admissions by providing specialist nurses to manage periods of clinical instability, when safe to do so
We regularly support another care provider when they experience staff shortages in a particular care package. The client has extremely complex clinical needs including tracheostomy care, PEG and mechanical ventilation. Our nurses are familiar with this client and know exactly what needs to be done when returning to support them. This ensures consistency of care for the client and reduced risk of hospital admission.
The manager of the Guild has been very proactive and has met regularly with myself, family members and some of the service users. We have been supported by Guild workers with appropriate knowledge and skills base. The team members all come with a good level of experience and training. They have worked well with our service users and with our own team of workers.
For more information, please call our Business Development Executive, Murray Chalmers, on 0131 297 4704 or our community team on 0333 323 1917 who will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.