Relocate from Ireland to the U.S.
We have an amazing opportunity for Irish nurses to relocate to the United States!
We’re working alongside our sister company Thornbury Nursing USA, who have an office in New York City. They are supporting healthcare facilities across the U.S. in places such as New York to find Irish nurses to live and work in the U.S. for a minimum of 2 years.
Why work in the United States?
- Variety of work opportunities – we can place you in any of the 52 states
- Huge demand for nurses
- Opportunity to work in an amazing country and explore all states during your time off
- Great benefits from clients such as 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance
Who can relocate?
Our clients are looking for Irish Emergency Nurses (A&E), Operating Room Nurses (Theatres), Med/Surg Nurses, ICU Nurses and Dialysis Nurses to join their facilities for a minimum of 2 years.
You must have the following to apply for this opportunity:
- Evidence of completion of a 4-year BSN degree (Adult Nursing)
- Minimum level of experience for your specialty, for example A&E nurses must have a minimum of 12 months’ experience in the last 18 months
I studied in Northern Ireland. Can I apply?
U.S. hospitals and facilities can only hire nurses who have completed a 4-year BSN degree, which is standard in the Republic of Ireland. If you’re a UK nurse and you have at least 3 years working experience in addition to a 3-year BSN degree, you may also qualify, and we can discuss this with you.
Where will I be working?
We work with hospital facilities, urgent care centres and dialysis units across the U.S. We will find you a role that best fits your experience, in a state of your choice.
How long can I relocate for?
We’re looking for nurses who are willing to relocate for a minimum of 2 years. If you wish to stay in the U.S. beyond this, we can help secure you future roles.
How much will I earn?
Pay rates are higher in most states in comparison to the UK and Ireland, making the U.S a very attractive place for nurses to work. Rates will vary depending on the client you work with as most American facilities pay different rates for each specialty. We’ll discuss this with you when you apply.
What do I need to relocate?
The first stage, before we can submit your visa application, is for you to pass the NCLEX exam and obtain an RN license. This will allow you to initiate the Visa / Immigration application. We will help pay for and support your visa process, making this as easy as possible for you and your family.
Our experienced and dedicated U.S. based immigration lawyers will guide you through this process. Our Concierge Service will be with you every step of the way in finding somewhere to live, obtaining a Social Security Number, opening a U.S. bank account and answering any questions you have along the way.
Can I bring my family?
Absolutely. We can help with additional VISA applications for family members and can also help to find suitable schools or colleges for any children also relocating.
How long will the process take?
Once you have passed the NCLEX exam and received a U.S. RN license, visa processing time can be up to 6 months.
Step by step:
- We will discuss the relocation process and ensure this is the right option for you.
- Next, you need to pass the NLCEX exam and obtain an RN license. It is the key to being able to work as a nurse and live in the U.S and benefit from the wonderful opportunities and lifestyle on offer. We will provide mentoring and financial support to help you pass.
- We will match you with a client within your area of practice.
- We will begin your VISA application, as well as any applications for family members also relocating, and help finance these costs as well.
- We will help you to find somewhere to live and arrange travel.
- We’ll then ensure you have everything you need prior to relocating and a member of the team will be waiting for you at the airport when you arrive!
Most importantly, we will be there to support you every step of the way.
This is a fantastic, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to develop new skills, further your experience and explore the United States.
If you’re not currently registered with The Guild, please complete the form below and a member of the U.S team will be in touch.
If you’re already a Guild nurse and interested in this opportunity, please complete the form on this page.