Nursing jobs Derry
Here at The Guild, we work across Northern Ireland, to place the right nurses into the right roles. We’re always looking for qualified nurses to fill positions across Derry and we provide amazing pay, reimbursed travel costs and fantastic training opportunities. For the last 25 years, we’ve set the pace within the temporary nursing sector, and we have various short-term and long-term opportunities for nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants. Learn more about the nursing specialisms we recruit across Northern Ireland or read on to discover the benefits of registering with The Guild and the types of nursing roles we have available in Derry.
Ready to start your journey with The Guild? Register today and find the perfect nursing job in Derry.
Derry is a beautiful walled city in Northern Ireland. The city has fabulous shopping, and vibrant museums and is just a short drive from the rugged beauty of Donegal.
Benefits of working with The Guild
We know our nurses go above and beyond to deliver exceptional care. In return, we provide an array of benefits and full professional support, including:
- High rates of pay
- Paid NMC fees
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Flexible shift patterns
- Free annual flu voucher
- Access to voluntary training
- 24/7 nurse led telephone support
Benefits of working as a nurse in Derry
- Arts, culture and heritage – the city is rich with cultural heritage from the 400 year old city walls themselves, to the Peace Bridge and St Columb’s Cathedral.
- Shopping – there’s plenty of places to shop including Foyleside, the biggest shopping centre in North West of Ireland. Or, if you’re looking for independent shops, Derry is well known for its indie shopping scene.
- Derry Girls – explore the filming locations of Derry Girls, have a Derry Girls afternoon tea or take part in a walking tour.
We require a minimum of 6 months UK-based experience for general nurses and HCAs. The requirements for specialist nurses and midwives will vary. You can find out exactly how much experience we require by visiting our specialism pages.
Learn more about the specialisms we’re recruiting for in Derry, including:
- Mental Health HCAs
- Community Nurses
- Registered General Nurses (RGNs)
- ITU Nurses
- Theatre Nurses & ODPs
Can’t see your specialism? Don’t worry! Visit our specialism pages to see the full list of 25 specialisms we recruit across. With so much choice, you’re sure to find a suitable nursing job in Derry with The Guild.
Nursing roles available in Edinburgh
We work with a number of clients in both hospital and community settings across Derry, including:
- HSC trusts
- Private hospitals
- Private nursing homes
- Community patients
- Mental health and learning disability units
- Prisons and custodial services
- Research programmes
- GP practices
- Medical device companies
Nursing pay rates in Derry
We believe exceptional skills should be recognised with exceptional rewards
Working as a nurse requires a high level of skill and our outstanding pay rates reflect this. Nursing pay rates are dependent on location, specialism and experience and we calculate our pay rates based on grades. Learn more about our nursing pay rates for Northern Ireland, including hourly rates and sick pay. For more general information about pay rates with The Guild, including the low down on our pension scheme and bank holidays, visit our pay rates page.